I replaced the snowmen with the large photograph that sits on the mantle most of the year and it didn't seem right. I needed something new. Something, red and pink and another shade of pink and glittery. I needed a heart.
So, we made one.
A few years ago we were at a fund raiser and no bids were placed on a set of 3 elk prints. The night was nearing its end and the auction about to close, so I bid. I won and we toted the prints back to MO from CO where they found their place in the closet. Then we moved the to a different closet in a different state. There they sat until today.
What I gathered: 4 colors of paint, 1 for each person in our family who was home; poster board; a paper plate; clips; scissors; tape measure; double sided tape; a sharpie and one of the elk prints.
I cut the poster board to fit the frame and then made a heart template to go over. I clipped it into place and drug my boys, one at a time from the giant blanket fort they'd been building since the day before.
They chose their color and dipped their finger in the paint and dotted the heart.
Jonathan participated too. He was cleaning out the garage, from which I was taking a break. He wasn't quite sure how it would turn out, but participated in the finger painting to keep me quiet. Actually, maybe he was hoping if he helped me with this I'd come back to the garage to finish the job I started earlier in the day. Either way, it had the touch of each.
I removed the clips. We signed the bottom corner and next to our name is our color. And I placed it on the mantle. Projects like this don't always turn out how you expect. This one did and I love it!
*Oh and I didn't see this done on Pinterest, but I'm quite certain it's there someplace. Nothing is really original anymore.